Friday, August 13, 2010

Collaborations

So... In the annual Project's Day Competition that our school organised, my team and I decided to collaborate with the Singapore Zoological Gardens as our project was centered around one theme - Animal conservation. It was pretty nerve-recking for me, as this was the first time I have ever typed a letter to someone in a corporation of such importance, asking for collaboration even!! Luckily I had my group mates and mentor to vet the letter for me, who knows I could have accidentally offended the recipient!

The next few days were very tense. I awaited the Zoo's request as to whether they will agree with our request. They soon replied and even said we could meet up for further discussion! I was truly relieved. But this did not mean they agreed, just that they did not reject our request flatly. ;) I sent a reply asking of a suitable date to meet, but they took very long to answer and soon, our group grew out of patience. First it was me who called, no one answered. Then it came Yihan's turn. He had more luck, and after a while of talking was told that the guy who was in charge of handling our case was busy with events, and would only be free in a few days' time.

Long story short, we were able to contact him in the end and even picked a date for a discussion - 23 Aug.

I really can't wait to meet up with them. Of course, I am nervous too since this is my first time discussing a collaboration with such a big corporation. But there is always a first time eh? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment