Friday, August 13, 2010

Term Test!!!

Tests.

This one word is capable of scaring even the strongest of students. One might realise that even if he or she revises intensely, once you see the paper, your mind becomes blank and goes into complete shock. (What I call "script shock") From people who are fondly term "muggers" to those who barely even know such a topic existed, most students will face this. Of course, some manage to get their composure back and immediately brainstorms on the essay or recollects memories of what they have revised for that open-ended answer.

Nonetheless, this is no excuse to just throw away all your books and not listen in class. YOU STILL HAVE TO STUDY. ;) Stuck with no idea how to revise? I myself am in no position to comment and give you any suggestions but nevertheless, here are some ideas:

1) Read through your textbook! For subjects that require alot of massive readings, it is always helpful to read through your textbook. Much (thought not all) the information you will need is in there! Of course, learn to selectively read, and not just read all at one go. It might give you "indigestion". (:

Alas, I would like to add on more ideas but to be honest, I am sure everyone knows as much and more than I do about revising. Hmm, maybe I will write another post soon... Till then, bye! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh. "Here are some ideas" and there's only one. Might want to correct the grammar error. :D

    Ahh. Revising for term tests. Actually if you do revise everyday, it won't accumulate and you would be more confident and relaxed during the test period. I admit I don't have the discipline to do this, but this is one thing that I aim to do.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete