Monday, July 26, 2010

Facebook

"The only place in the world where a person can talk to a wall and not get weird stares." (:

Well, what is this Facebook we are all so familiar with? Let us see what Wikipedia says abut it," Facebook is a social networking website launched in February 2004 that is operated and privately owned by Facebook, Inc., with more than 500 million active users in July 2010." Wow 500 million users! What started out as just a Harvard University version of Hot or Not, is now such a big "phenomenon" around the world. (: It was even recorded that more people visited Facebook than Google for the week ending March 13, 2010. Can you believe it, more people checking out their live feed rather than searching the world's biggest online search engine. Amazing. We are now able to see people posting updates relating to themselves with just a click.

But with such great abilities at our disposal, it requires careful handling. We must, at all times, take note of just how public a platform Facebook is before posting anything, it being a social networking site [DUH ;)] Remember : Anything you post can be used against you!!!

That being said, another major problem is addiction. Do you sometimes find yourself with nothing to do on Facebook, yet you still check back as if something will magically appear? You don't? Well I guess its just me then. (: Anyways, mastering the Facebook addiction would be akin, to mastering, um.. Something that is really hard. (: Or is it just me again? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Facebook is addictive. Totally.

    I started using Facebook just last year, ever since the Mousehunt saga, though I never really played it until the start of this year.

    One thing that interests me most are the pages in Facebook. (Those that we can "Like".) I find many interesting quotes/lines there and these give me inspiration when writing drama scripts. :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook ah facebook. I can stare at the wall, I can like people's like, and can poke people, not literally, I can do many things. The irony is facebook was introduced to me by our previous Chinese teacher. :P

    ReplyDelete